Down the Rabbit Hole

Alice By Karen Hogan //

Down the Rabbit Hole by Natalee Wilding //

Down the rabbit hole

into the thick darkness


of this tunnel 


f


    a


          l


               l


         i


n

      g

through the uncertainty.



I dive head first. 


Fall until I see the 


caterpillar with the 


hookah 


his mouth tasted of ash.


So along I meander 


past the hatter who’s 


handled too much m


                                e


                                r


                                c


                                u

  
                                r

                                y.


I can’t stay here with this madman.


Falling again


this time upon her majesty, 


playing gin, and badly.


Her             e


           h                 a


                     r


            t


is not ever going


to be enough for me. 



Unlike Alice I make this 


j       o       u       r      n      e      y,


not with a 


perpetually non-punctual, 


perturbed, cottontail


but with a unbridled hope


for you. 



Hands together


journeying to the end of the 


wonderland.


I awake next to you,


realizing I have changed


but not entirely.